Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Cheese-less cheesecake


Hey!
Finnaly, a real vegan treat! This cheescake is 5 stars hands down! Okay, okay, I used a vegan graham cracker crust, but I'm in 8th grade! I have schoolwork!! Here's the recipe:
Two 8 oz containers vegan cream cheese (I use Tofutti Cream Cheese)(16 oz total)
1 cup unrefined sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla
3-5 tablespoon lemon juice (to taste)
2 tablespoon arrowroot powder
vegan graham cracker crust (I used Arrowhead Mills)
1/2-3/4 lb. fresh strawberries, cut in half lengthwise
************************************************************************************
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in a food processor or blender. Add lemon juice one tablespoon at a time, stopping and tasting in between, to taste (I find this to be about 4 Tbsp, but I grow some sweet lemons...). Finally, add the arrowroot powder. Pour into the crust and bake for 45 minutes, or until the cheesecake is completely puffy (it will deflate when it cools, but oh well). Let cool, and once room temperature or below, arrange the strawberries on top. Refrigerate some more until you want to eat it, which is probably now Serves: 8-10
This cheesecake is amazing, serve it to anyone and everyone you know!
Adapted from vegweb.com. Next time I'm going make half chocolate and that make it marble, mmmmm, stay tuned!!

No comments: